Saturday, August 22, 2009

Taking the Show on the Road

It's been quite a week . . . or three.
Would someone please do me the favor of reminding, say 9 months from now, that August is slow! Having so many shipments arrive during one of the slowest months of the year is daunting; checking-in all of that inventory when you're sitting on so much already seems insane! But, it's a good time to keep busy with unpacking!

Boxes, boxes, boxes!


We were, however, super busy on Saturday. I was at the Downtown Market with a display of Hodgepodge merchandise--I did sell some bags, but mostly just told folks about the shop(s)--Hodgepodge and ARTifacts. Consequently, a lot of people stopped in the shop and stuff moved out the doors.

I also set-up at the "Super Sign-up" event at Ft. Campbell, KY earlier last week. Taking the show on the road is not the easiest thing to do, but it clearly good for business. It's just good to remind people Hodgepodge and ARTifacts are ready and waiting. When you need something new for the house, a gift for a friend, newlyweds or a new baby.




Three photos from the Super Sign-up.


We're also getting ready to put out Halloween merchandise and needed a place to focus on for the display. I've got a few ideas--been thinking about them for about 10 months now! You'll find all kinds of delightfully ghoulish items for your Halloween decor at Hodgepodge within a couple weeks.

Last year's Halloween window display.


I did have some luck at the flea market today. I've got a few good things for the shops, but I'm really excited about my new rug for our bedroom. It's HUGE and has great, faded shades of pink, blue, green and brown! It's at least 10 feet in length--oval in shape. I got a great deal because of some damage--not to mention the fact that it weighs a ton and the vendor probably wanted to lighten her load!


Here's the rug--all bunched-up in the rear of Flo.


As an added bonus to the weekend, Kendall and I had the pleasure of meeting an incredibly talented and creative lady, Theresa Smith, of Time Worn Interiors.

All-in-all, I'd say a great weekend. I hope you can say the same.

Thanks for your indulgence.

1 comment:

Kendall Welsh said...

The super sign up was super fun, wasn't it! And your rug is probably my favorite find for the weekend too. Although, the shelves you got to put in the booth ARTifacts are cool too. Of course, they will just be for display, but I love them!

Can't wait to see more Halloween ghouldies (get it? goodies mixed with ghoules....oh well)

Related Posts with Thumbnails