Monday, February 4, 2013

Keeping Children Warm by the Fire

One of my recent project for winter sprucing-up around the house was this garland:

204

 

I have been collecting pictures of children all wrapped-up in their winter wear ever since Auntie Bliss introduced me to the two snow babies on the sled in the middle.  I have several in frames around the house, but I decided to use photocopies of them to make this festive garland for my dining room mantel.

Here’s what I did:

First, I gathered five of my burlap triangle (yes—I’ve got them pre-cut, ready and waiting, ‘cause you just never know when the urge will strike), then I cut slightly larger triangles out of my light blue card stock.

Then I printed off copies of my favorite snow kids, using a parchment-look card stock, and started cropping them to fit on the pennant triangles.

185

I then applied a thin smear of Mod Podge® (which you can find in The Creative Corner at Hodgepodge!) using a stiff, short bristled paintbrush.

191

Having dumped a little blue, glass glitter into a bowl, I began “scooping” the glitter onto the photo.

194

While the glitter dried, I used the Mod Podge® to apply the burlap to the card stock.

197198

196

Then I attached the glitter-fied photos, as well as a little piece of brown trim, to kind of finish the look.

202

I measured a length of jute across my mantel, allowing for a little “drape,” then I attached the pennants to the jute using masking tape.

203

Another quick look at this crazy easy project.  Those happy faces just make me smile!

204

If you have any questions, please leave me a message here or drop me an email.

As ever, thanks for your indulgence!

signature

1 comment:

PCovi said...

Ohhhh!!! How cute!!! How fun!!!
well done :)

I laughed so hard at the "morote" tooo cute :) there is a Mrs. Ramona at school...we have called her Mrs. Marona forever :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails