Sunday, June 29, 2008

to share or not to share


that is the question.

Well, I've decided it's better to share, than to keep it from you, my loyal customers and friends. Many of you already know this, but I make regular monthly treks to the Nashville Flea Market to load up on some of the vintage treasures we offer at Hodgepodge. Many folks will think I've shown my hand and I'll never see you in the shop again--as I'll lose you to your own flea marketing efforts and you'll by-pass this "middle man." Perhaps this is a tactical error, but I figure those of you who have the bug already frequent the flea market and those of you who don't, should give it a try. Many of you don't have the time or desire to go out there and hunt for the perfect ______ (fill-in the blank), so my efforts will still be needed/appreciated. I'll tell you there is a lot to see and much to learn at this flea market.

Kendall is my regular date for the flea market. One day a month we both look forward to as an opportunity to spend time together sifting through the layers and layers of stuff to find the item a customer desires or something we've decided we need for the shop. We've made some good friends and have regular vendors we like to visit (they don't mind seeing us come, either!). We almost always fill the Suburban (Flo); sometimes we fill Flo AND the trailer (those are particularly good times!). We've ventured to other locales--Hazel, KY and Springfield, TN--and have had some success, but we like the Nashville flea market best.

We always have fun and always marvel at how much money we spend, as everything we buy "was such a great deal!" Regardless, it's a good time and we're never disappointed we went. We snapped some shots of the vendors set-up today. Just a sampling of what you'll find.

The temperature was perfect--no need for these classics, but fans always catch my eye.

Both Kendall and Nikki are quilt-o-philes, so I'm always drawn to them as well!


Another draw for me, pretty glass--especially, aqua bottles.




Do you have any local antique haunts that call you? Another flea market you like to frequent? Feel free to share them here. We'd love to read about them.

Thanks for your indulgence!

~Paige

3 comments:

Kendall Welsh said...

Flea marketing has got to be one of my all time favorite things to do! And while I do love a good quilt, I think I would prefer being a "holic" then a "phile" - ANY DAY of the week! :o)

I am on vacation in VA now, where Paige just got back from, and I have to say, the shopping here is just not as fun as TN!

Anonymous said...

I've got to make it out there one of these days! Looks like there are many wonderful finds.

Paige Thomas King said...

Suffixes with the common part -phil- (-phile, -philia, -philic) are used to specify some kind of attraction or affinity to something, in particular the love or obsession with something.

no malice intended.

Related Posts with Thumbnails