Friday, January 22, 2010

A few days ago I mentioned the fact that GB Wilson installed several different window styles in this house. Built in the early 1880's, the style of the house is Victorian Gothic. The use of several (at least seven) different styles allowed Mr. Wilson the opportunity to use his home as a sort of "showcase." As it is likely this house was built at a time when there was no federal income tax, I assume this was a practical intent rather than a tax write-off; cliets could choose the style they'd prefer for their own homes.
I've decided that now is a good time to share pictures of the variety of windows "this old house" offers.














As I also mentioned, Darren and I feel as though we are caretakers more than owners of this house, which is why we're very hopeful it can be restored to pre-fire condition. We're sure this house will outlive us, as it has several generations already.
I spent most of the day researching suppliers for the glass to repair our windows. I am happy to report I found a company I feel sure will provide us with the glass we need. I've requested some samples.
The cleaning is almost done. A few more days of cleaning, then we meet with our General Contractor so we can establish a game plan.
Wish us luck! I think we're about to venture into some trying times!
Thanks for your indulgence!
Paige








1 comment:

Bonnie Story said...

Wow, this is really a portfolio of window styles! I'm impressed and I am so glad that this lovely house is in your care now. You might really enjoy the paintings of a web design client of mine, Edward Gordon. He paints Victorian and historic architecture and interiors and does an amazing job. When you have a chance, take a look at

http://www.gordongalley.com

I think you will enjoy his work. Have a nice weekend! Bonnie

Related Posts with Thumbnails