Thursday, November 5, 2009

An Anniversary

There they go . . . five years. It's been five years since I opened Hodgepodge. I can't believe I've been doing this for five years! A lot has changed in a short time. We moved from an about 800 sq ft of showroom space to 2000 sq ft--that happened at the end of the first year. Since then, I've been "growing" into the space. I purchased a frame shop and incorporated it into Hodgepodge--adding another 1000 sq ft. My inventory has changed considerably--there sure is a lot of it! I really expected to stay focused on home accents, but the inventory has take several turns. We opened ARTifacts last year. There have been challenges: the recession, Darren's deployment and the thousands of little hurdles I've jumped. But, all-in-all, it's been great. I love going to work! I love working with the customers--merchandising our inventory--my co-workers--downtown Clarksville--the other business owners. I'm so lucky.
A retrospective in photos:
























Then--in the middle of all of the preparations for this years' holiday open house event--my sister and friends made sure I celebrated our success. Everyone says that if I survived this year I've got to be doing something right . . . well, I know one thing I've done right . . .




I've surrounded myself with some amazing people!


I recommend you do the same--you'll be a success!
Any success I can claim is all due to these great ladies, plus several more, and the continued extraordinary support and love shown to me by my family--my husband, kids, sisters and parents--and friends.

With great thanks for your continued indulgence!







3 comments:

Michellem said...

Congrats on your 5-year anniversary! Can't wait to see what success the next 5 years bring your way -

Kate G. Smith said...

Congrats on 5 wonderful years - and here's to many, many more. My house would be very boring without the things I've found in your store, and my life would be less bright without you in it!

As for your retrospective - I remember those swans!!!! They were so pretty, but didn't they have termites?!?!?! Fun memories.

Paige Thomas King said...

umm--kate?!? i don't believe the swans I sold to a customer had termites . . . you must be thinking of another shop, another swan . . .

Related Posts with Thumbnails