Monday, May 25, 2009

flea market finds

Kendall and I hit the flea market a little early this weekend. Normally, we go on Sunday--this time we went on Saturday. I've once again confirmed that I prefer Sundays. I don't enjoy the crowds. Some die-hard flea market addicts don't understand how I can wait a moment past the opening of the gates on Friday afternoon, but believe me--I do just fine.


Here are some of the vendors I enjoy to visit.

This is Scott talking with Kendall. We always enjoy chatting with Scott. He's got a great eye and I enjoy his displays, too. I usually buy from Scott--typically for myself, not the shops.








I don't think I've ever purchased from this vendor, but I ALWAYS look. She has stuff for the true collectors--people who know what they're looking for and know what they're looking at. (Two things I've never claimed to attempt.) Her displays are always attractive and eye-catching. This month her focus was on childhood memories and summer fun.







Here's what I brought home:

This pussy willow decorated cake tin will be the perfect protector of my carrot cake!


Tablecloths are always catching my eye. They'll be at ARTifacts.


Soon to be dresses, these pillowcases were darling.


I thought these garden candle stakes made from table legs were terribly clever and irresis-"table." Haven't decided, but I think they're for my garden, but I may break-down and take them to the shop. (I'll remove the raffia bows--or at least reduce their volume!)


My own letter organizer--I've already put several in ARTifacts.



Vintage aprons--a personal favorite--I wear them around the shop and home. Pockets are a must . . . unless it's just too darn cute to pass-up. These were line-dried, starched and pressed! They're in near perfect condition. (They'll be in ARTifacts.)







Do you have some favorite flea market haunts? Is anyone going to try the 400 mile yard sale?


Thanks for your indulgence.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails