Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Annual Autumn Gathering



I guess it could become one . . . "Annual," I mean. I think I had one in 2005, but in 2006 we were moving into our new location, so we're going to give it a go this year--only I can't call it my "Second Annual." I'm actually pretty excited about it.




We're receiving new items every day. Some of which we've already put on the floor--other items will wait until Friday (Sep 14th), when we'll close early and decorate Hodgepodge for my favorite time of the year. I've been formulating sketchy plans, but no one will be more surprised at the outcome than I!


Rest assured that we'll have some of the old favorites--like the pinecone lanterns from TAG and the most recent offerings from Nicol Sayre--but the new stuff, OH the new stuff!




On a decorating note, I had a minor sucess today--at the time of achievement, however it felt HUGE. Now that I've had time and distace from this momentous occasion I realize that it's less than earth shattering. I've been looking for a particular type of pine garland (boy, this sounds silly), with a long needle and, perhaps, a couple of pine cones. Okay--so it's not world peace or a cure for cancer, but in my world it was something. (I'm almost too embarassed to leave that!)




Yet, there it remains . . .




Just so you know, I started this blog last week. I spent my "day off" shopping for ingredients for the treats we will offer on Saturday, foraging in the woods for branches and other inspiration and perusing my notes and idea books which I hope to translate into decor for the shop.







I hope you can join us on Saturday!




Thanks for your indulgence.




~Paige
















2 comments:

Kendall Welsh said...

One of the best parts of being your sister is that I get to be help unpack the boxes as they arrive. We unpacked a few boxes last night of the fall items, and I am so excited! You got some really great stuff in! I am sure everyone will really enjoy them!

Paige Thomas King said...

Wow! A comment! An actual comment! Thanks, Kendall.
One of the best parts of being your sister is that I don't have to ask--you just know what I need.
Thanks for your help with everything.

Related Posts with Thumbnails