Wednesday, September 5, 2007

I'm full of it

You already knew that. I've often thought I have too many ideas. To the extent that they sometimes prevent me from paying attention to the immediate needs which surround me. I'd like to hire myself out as an idea guy--if only there were a market!


I'll tell you where I dry-up, though, is my display windows. There's so much pressure--especially since so many of you have commented on how much you enjoy peaking at them during evening strolls.



When we started making plans for the renovation of the building, our architect, Pam Powell, told us we'd have to lose at least one of our windows (in order to meet code requirements for a staircase to the second floor from Franklin Street) I was not-so-secretly gleeful! One down--one to go! I know, I know--I need windows. The plan is to have a smaller version of a display window, which will allow for more floor space and less pressure, maybe.



I have been planning one special display to showcase the new items from Moda Home, as well as some other new and vintage items. Don't you know that the old adage is true--you don't know what you've got until it's gone. Of course, it's not gone yet, but knowing that it may go away my creative juices suddenly decide to flow!

Well, I need to attempt some sleep. Let me know if you need any ideas . . . I've got some to spare.

Take care and thanks for your indulgence.

Please visit my web site http://www.hodgepodge-home.com

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails