A new year—full of possibilities! I can’t even figure-out what to post on my blog. Ever had one of those—okay, three of those weeks? So I ventured into blogland for some inspiration.
I’ve felt kind of funky since my folks and sister, brother-in-law and their kids returned to Virginia. I don’t know if it’s the lack of anything really big to plan for or look forward to (ie.: Christmas) or what, but I need to shake it.
So, after finding a few blogs where folks are posting their “to do” lists, I’ve decided that I need to do the same. (Perhaps making a list of potential projects will help me feel motivated.) One blog author in particular decided to post her list on the sidebar, so she could see it every time she sat down to work on her blog. If I can figure out how—I’ll do the same.
As I started brainstorming, I realized I can’t fit everything into one compartment. I’ve got to break my Grand List into several mini lists. I’ve got personal goals; goals for my household; and, goals for my business. So, here goes . . .
1. finish our bedroom (Since our fire nearly a year ago, we’ve put the room back together, but I haven’t added the final touches. I need to do that.)
2. finish my creative space (I referenced “my space” in this post. We finally cleared-out some of the stuff and moved-in my new work desk and shelves. I need to add a heater, chair and a few other items. I hope to make this my area to create.)
3. the kitchen (I just added a new chalkboard surface to outside of our pantry door—love it! Still looking forward to some new appliances and countertops, but feel sure this will carry-over into 2012/13. Still, I had to put it on the list.)
4. H3’s room (She wants to paint it. We finally relented and allowed her to trade-in her gorgeous antique twin beds we purchased in Germany for a “big girl bed”—her words, not mine. Now she has a an antique iron bed, full size. I probably need to replace the curtains, too.)
5. Speaking of curtains—the living room curtains need to be replaced. The curtains we have came back from the cleaners about four inches too short. This was after the fire—they cleaned everything! Unfortunately, they laundered the dry clean only curtains. It’s one of those things I just didn’t have the energy to follow-up on. There may still be time—I should call our adjuster—she was wonderful!
6. Back to the kitchen (While killing time in between H3 on the beam and her floor exercise, I was perusing home décor magazines and I had an epiphany! I’ve noticed on many occasions that I haven’t made optimal use of my kitchen cabinets. They are pretty much arranged in the same manner in which they landed while unpacking our household goods nearly 9 years ago. Perhaps I should do some evaluating and rearranging. If I do, I may be able to justify eliminating the current spice cabinet and junk drawers in order to make room for the gourmet gas range I’m dreaming of.)
1. All I want for my shop is to be successful. (My definition of success: to be able to help provide for the family.)
1. see my goal for hodgepodge ( I take it very personally.)
2. to be the wife my husband deserves
3. to be the mom my kids deserve
4. to be the daughter my parents deserve
5. to be the sister my sisters deserve
6. to be the friend my friends deserve
7. to be the faithful servant my God deserves
(Not necessarily in that order.)
So there you have it. If I am able to accomplish the list above, 2011 will be a great year! I’m thinking I need to start at the bottom and the rest will be cake . . .
Thanks for your indulgence!