Sunday, May 2, 2010

Hens in The Roost!

Okay--it wasn't stellar event I had hoped for, but it was a good start! Unfortunately, Clarksville was experiencing a deluge of rain it hasn't seen in three decades! I was so happy to be joined by our friends--Candice, of Artsy Tartsy Jewelery.
Tabitha of LilyBelle Antiques--a stellar vendor at ARTifacts.
Jane Burney of Lovin' Spoonful Cafe.
I was joined by the talents of Martha Felton in my booth. She was displaying her handmade jewelry.
They braved the record breaking rainfall and we really enjoyed ourselves. The Roost was full of hens clucking over the great deals and the creative displays. Unfortunately, as is usually the case for me--I failed to take any pictures during the event. I did, however, take a few pics after the show. My booth was the only one left in tact, so I snapped a few photos of the leftovers!
The best sellers for the day were my vintage slip dresses. I've been wearing them for quite a while, but just started the process of "hippin' them up" with a little tye dying. I LOVE them and the consensus was they were too cool to pass-up! I was delighted to see them so well received!
Here's my blue dress.
The back view.
The addition of this vintage apron was the perfect accessory!




Here's one on the vintage dress maker's mannequin I purchased last week--she once served as a
body double for a lady with a little junk in her trunk!

Here's the remainder of my inventory--not a lot to choose from, but you can contact me for sizes and availability.



A project two--no, three years in the making! A porch swing bed!






A sparse little end-of-the-day display.



Martha's handmade fabric baskets! So many uses--my favorite being "cookie server."



Vintage silver plate flatware--mix-and-match place settings of your choosing! Only $3/piece!




Some porcelain figurines I found. They look sweet perched on top of my cupcake pedestals.



Vintage ceiling tins made useful with hooks.




I hope we'll have more vendor participants at our next sale, but I am so proud and happy to have shared the space with such great ladies! Thanks, too, to everyone who braved the elements to join us! It was great fun and I look forward to June 5th and The Roost Vintage Sale!
Thanks for your indulgence!
Paige









2 comments:

nostalgia*gal said...

HI! Was wondering how you faired with our storm, so happy to read that you had a great time!

Gary got caught up in that HWY 24 flood as we live down that way.

Cleaned up our property yesterday aNd now back to work I go along with a bit of volunteer work.
Hugs, cindykay

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the mention. I'm looking forward to the June 5th show and all of the other shows for the summer season.

And yes, your awesome slips were definitely a big hit! :)

- Candice

Related Posts with Thumbnails