Monday, September 14, 2009

making stuff happen!

A big thanks to my friend, Martha, for keeping me motivated this weekend! I got the first coat on a new shelving unit for the shop.Chose and purchased the paint for the apartment-wanna-be-classroom in ARTifacts. (Note to self--never, ever say to the paint mixer "I don't care--you pick the paint you'd use." Apparently, they pay the paint mixer at Lowe's top dollar! Or perhaps, on commission! Mind you, I usually by the "oops" paints--so sticker shock was inevitable!)


Got a new curtain rod in the works (painted a 1.5" dowel, rather than buying a "curtain rod") to hide the stuff we don't want to see. I needed something 10 feet long; a ready-made rod, that long, isn't inexpensive! I did buy ready-made brackets and rings with clips, which will simplify the remainder of the process. You'll be shocked to read that I'm using burlap for these new curtains. I'll show pictures when it's done.



I added this grapevine garland to our back door. Darren is going to LOVE this. He adores the way I decorate with sticks!










I just wish we had an outlet outside this door--white lights would adorn this garland year-round! Don't you just LOVE that lantern though? It allows me to have much needed illumination AND it's gorgeous!

Final bragging rights: tons of work done on Spectacular, Spectacular! You guys are going to love this event!



Okay, gotta get to work. Just wanted to post this here because I'm so pleased to have something to show for my weekend!



Thanks for your indulgence.






No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails