So much to write about, so little time . . .
Really, I think about this blog all of the time--the things I want to share--mainly so I can remember them later! (I've read several past posts and thought, I wrote that? or I barely remember that! Thank goodness I found the time to write it down here or it could be gone forever!)
So, the things I want to remember from recent events include:
(1) Meeting CindyKay at the Nashville Flea Market--visit here blog here. She was so down to earth it was refreshing. She, unlike many in our business, was completely open and willing to share her ideas which have contributed to her success. Liked her a lot!
(2) We delivered several pieces of furniture to a new shop in Murfreesboro. Some of our best customers are starting a venture of their own--a ladies boutique on the square in historic downtown Murfreesboro--and they purchased a good deal of their display pieces at Hodgepodge and ARTifacts! How flattering! I'll keep you posted on their plans so you can drop in to see them when you're in their area.
(3) I have an incredible staff working for me--at Hodgepodge and ARTifacts. I am superfluous! They are amazing, talented and competent and I am so very fortunate! Patty and Jennifer run Hodgepodge like it's their own, providing the best customer service I've ever seen. They both have an unfailing sense of style and work merchandise into displays that rival the famed department store windows in New York. Jill is a master of framing; with her creative eye she can make works of art come to life with her selection of mats and frames. Plus, she jumps in and provides customer service throughout the shop whenever needed. Anna and Martha are my darlings for taking on the jobs that no one wants to do. Martha tagged nearly every Christmas ornament that hit our sales floor and Anna has the thankless task of counting what was left over, as well as the rest of the shop! Plus, they add an international flair to Hodgepodge. Then there's Kendall running the show at ARTifacts. I had an idea and we had the space to make it happen--the rest has been Kendall. I'm so fortunate to have someone I like so much as a sister, too! (Sounding like a Hallmark sentiment . . .) Ashley, too, is wonderful--not only one of our talented displaying artist at ARTifacts, Ashley is also an amazingly efficient and friendly sales associate. Everyone always comments on how much they like "that young girl working upstairs."
(4) We got the claim check for the renovations to our home! Let the games begin!
(5) We had a great time having some of the folks Darren works with over for dinner. To make it even better--one of the NCOs is married to a friend I've met through the shop! I've missed being part of an Army family--glad to be back.
(6) Fillings are better (and cheaper) than root canals.
(7) Hunter earned a scholarship to study art at APSU!
(8) Old cars breakdown, but great mechanics make it hurt less--less than a root canal for one, a little more so for another.
(9) I like working on the floor of my shop and with customers much, much more than working on the computer.
There you are--a few things I wanted to be sure to remember.
I will for sure post again this week--not going to miss black friday again!
Thanks for your indulgence.
Cassis: The Kitchen
4 hours ago